Search the Collection
Advanced Search

Telegraph from the tugboat GEORGE DINSDALE

Date: 1913 - 1963
Dimensions:
Overall: 1015 x 400 x 280 mm, 27 kg
Medium: Metal
Credit Line: ANMM Collection
Classification:Vessels and fittings
Object Name: Ship's Telegraph
Object No: 00007898
Place Manufactured:Port Adelaide

User Terms

    HistoryTug boat GEORGE DINSDALE, built 1913 by Scotts Bowling, Clydesdale, engines by Fishers Ltd, Paisley. Operated in England by Blyth Steam Tug Co. (1913 - 1915) and then Grangemouth & Forth Towing Co., Grangemouth (1915 - 1924). Sold to Ritch & Smith Ltd, Adelaide in 1924 and operated in Australia there till 1963 when it was sold for scrapping to Hines Metals, Port Adelaide. On 21 Oct 1914 it was requisitioned by the Admiralty for use as a Rescue Tug, returned to its owners on 10 Dec 1919.
    Additional Titles

    Primary title: Telegraph from the tugboat GEORGE DINSDALE

    Collection title: Rice collection

    Discuss this Object

    Comments

    Please log in to add a comment.