Search the Collection
Advanced Search

Entrance Court, National Art Gallery, Sydney

Date: 1897-1901
Dimensions:
Overall: 85 x 135 mm
Medium: Paper
Credit Line: ANMM Collection
Classification:Posters and postcards
Object Name: Postcard
Object No: 00001822

User Terms

    HistoryIn 1883 the name of the gallery was changed to "The National Art Gallery of New South Wales". In 1895, the new Colonial Architect, Walter Liberty Vernon (1846–1914), was given the assignment to design the new permanent gallery. Two picture galleries were opened in 1897 and a further two in 1899. A watercolour gallery was added in 1901 and in 1902 the Grand Oval Lobby was completed.

    Discuss this Object

    Comments

    Please log in to add a comment.