Search the Collection
Advanced Search

TSS WANDILLA passenger ship, berthed at a wharf

Date: 1912 - 1921
Dimensions:
Overall: 83 x 106 mm
Medium: Photograph
Credit Line: ANMM Collection Transfer from the Australian War Memorial
Classification:Photographs
Object Name: Photograph
Object No: ANMS0047[740]

User Terms

    HistoryBuilt in 1912, by Wm Beardmore & Co. Dalmuir. In 1921 the vessel was sold to Furness Withy and named FORT ST GEORGE. In 1935 the vessel was sold to Lloyd Triestino and renamed CESAREA. It was used as an Italian troopship in WWII. On the 10th september in 1942, it was sunk by British torpedo bombers 40 miles off Tobruk.

    Discuss this Object

    Comments

    Please log in to add a comment.