Search the Collection
Advanced Search

PS WEEROONA an excursion ferry on Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne

Date: 1910 - 1942
Dimensions:
Overall: 65 x 109 mm
Medium: Photograph
Credit Line: ANMM Collection Transfer from the Australian War Memorial
Classification:Photographs
Object Name: Photograph
Object No: ANMS0047[748]

User Terms

    HistoryThe vessel was built in 1910 by A & J Inglis Ltd, Glasgow for Huddart Parker Line and used as a ferry on Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne, until 1942. In 1912, ownership was transferred to Bay Steamers Limited [subsidiary]. In 1942 it was controlled by US forces. In 1945 the vessel was owned by the Australian government. From 1951 - 1953, it was broken up at Kerosene Bay, Sydney.

    Discuss this Object

    Comments

    Please log in to add a comment.