Search the Collection
Advanced Search
Image Not Available

Royal Perth Yacht Club

Established 1890

Institution: Royal Perth Yacht Club
The club traces its origins back to 1841. In 1890 it received the title and prefix of Royal from Queen Victoria and at the same time it was announced that the Lords of the Admiralty had granted the Club the Royal Warrant to fly an un –defaced Blue ensign. In 1891 the Club dispensed with the old blue PYC Burgee and adopt a new one. The design chosen was a white burgee or triangular flag bearing a red St Georges Cross and emblazoned with a St Edwards crown in the upper canton.