Search the Collection
Advanced Search

Flotta Lauro

Italian, 1920 - 1987

Institution: Flotta Lauro
Founded by Achille Lauro (1887-1982) in 1920 and based in Naples. In 1964 ACHILLE LAURO was purchased for the trans-Atlantic route but soon became a cruise ship. In 1966 the ANGELINA LAURO was purchased for the Australia route. In 1982 Flotta Lauro became Lauro Line. In 1987 it was purchased by the Mediterranean Shipping Company and renamed StarLauro Cruises. In 1995, the company name was changed to MSC Cruises.