Search the Collection
Advanced Search

J T Davenport Ltd, Chemists

Institution: J T Davenport Ltd. Chemists
Founded by John Thistlewood Davenport (1817 - 1901), in 1856 his company was given the sole right to manufacture and market Chlorodyne developed by Dr. John Collis Browne MRCS (1819–1884). The company was based at 33 Great Russell Street. Since the Medicines Act of 1968 it has been known as 'J. Collis Browne's Compound'. It was still marketed by J.T. Davenport & Sons - the same family - up until the 1960s.