Search the Collection
Advanced Search

G & E Rodd

G & E Rodd was founded by George Rodd in Melbourne in 1919. George was joined by his brother Ernest in the business and by the late 1930s the company was the leading manufacturer of jewellery in Australia. Ernest Rodd's son Maxwell joined G & E Rodd in 1948 after his father's death and in that same year G & E Rodd became a public company, Rodd (Australia) Ltd. The company continued to flourish and became a household name. In 1961 a set of Rodd spoons and forks were commissioned as Australia's wedding present to the Duke and Duchess of York.
The firm's successors continued the business until 1985.