Search the Collection
Advanced Search

Record Tool Company Limited

British, 1909 - 1972

Institution: Record Tool Company Limited
The Eagle Foundry, Livingston Road, Sheffield
From 1909 to 1930 their production consisted of engineering and woodworking vices, G clamps, T bar sash cramps, floor cramps, pipe cutters, Stillson wrenches and lifting jacks. By 1912 the company had relocated to a new factory on Ouse road, Attercliffe, Sheffield and in 1929 Charles Hampton died and his two sons Horace and Charles W Hampton became joint managing directors. The company moved to Bernard Road in 1936 and again, to The Parkway Works Sheffield, in 1963. In 1946 the Record Tool Company Limited was formed to protect the Record brand name. Horace Hampton died in 1948 and the company went public. Charles W Hampton became chairman and his son Tony joined the Board. 10 years later Charles W Hampton died and Tony Hampton became chairman.
On The 29th of September 1972 the company merged with William Ridgway to form Record Ridgway Tools Ltd