Search the Collection
Advanced Search

Huddart Parker Limited

1876 - 1961

Institution: Huddart Parker Limited
Huddart Parker Limited was an Australian shipping company trading in various forms between 1876 and 1961. It was one of the seven major coastal shippers in Australia at a time when shipping was the principal means of interstate and trans-tasman transport. The company started in Geelong, but in 1890 shifted its offices to Melbourne.

The company was founded on 1 August 1876 in Geelong as Huddart, Parker & Co. Pty Ltd.

The company registered in Victoria in 1889 as a proprietary company and converted to a public company in 1911.

Huddart Parker was finally taken over by Bitumen and Oil Refineries Australia Limited in October 1961.