Search the Collection
Advanced Search

C & A Brenninkmeyer

Dutch-German, founded 1841

Institution: C & A Brenninkmeyer
C&A Brenninkmeijer (German: Brenninkmeyer) was founded in 1841 by the brothers Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer as a textile company. In 1861 they stocked their goods in a warehouse in Sneek in the Netherlands which became the location of their first store. By 1910 there were ten stores in the Netherlands. In 1911 the company opened the first German store in Berlin and today there are more than 400 stores in Germany. In 1922 the company started a store in Great Britain.